Yes I know, “thankful” and “compliance” don’t usually show up in the same sentence together. But if you’re someone who has spent the past 15 plus years interacting with the TTB from a recordkeeping and reporting standpoint you can appreciate the improvements that have come along to simplify the process. Plus I’m a person who believes in a regular practice of gratitude. So in the spirit of marking this Thanksgiving week I’ve summarized a few of this years compliance “developments” that I’m grateful for.
Many of these items on the list are recent developments from the TTB over this past year while others are about new developments in my business.
1. Label approval times are currently relatively quick. Average processing time is now 17 days. http://www.ttb.gov/labeling/labeling-resources.shtml
2. (along the lines of #1) A longer list of allowable changes to labels not requiring new label approval. http://www.ttb.gov/labeling/allowable_revisions.shtml
3. Napa Valley College has kept my wine compliance class on its schedule. Next offering comes up Spring 2015 http://www.napavalley.edu/Academics/Schedule/Pages/welcome.aspx
4. Wine Compliance Alliance now has a Youtube channel! I’ve posted my first 14 videos to kick it off! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHHQLpoMwV7D7_p1D6az7Fg
5. Last but not least I’m thankful to all of you who have found my blog and made contact with me to let me know that it made you smile, helped you out or provided useful information. Thanks! I’m very grateful to hear your appreciative feedback! It is you that I am writing for! Make sure you stay in my loop of the wonderful world of winemaking compliance by signing up for my newsletter by accessing my “5 Simple Steps” download here on my site.
And for those of you who have any items to add to this list from your own experiences I’d love to hear about them! Please share them in the comments section below.
Here’s to more updates and improvements to be thankful for in your winemaking compliance as we approach 2015! Stay tuned!