Harvest 2017 is coming up quickly which means many wine businesses are well into grape contracts for the season. Here in California any individual or business that purchases wine grapes is required to hold a license issued by the California Department of Food and Agriculture. (CDFA) This license is called the Processors license.

In more recent years the folks at the CDFA offices have started trolling for businesses that have been purchasing wine grapes without holding this license. They then contact these businesses to ensure that they obtain it. Also some growers will not sign a contract unless proof is given that the buyer holds a processors license. 

​Here’s my next video with more details.

Recent Posts

Year end “compliance harvest” for CA wineries

After CA wineries have survived the swarm of activity that is the grape harvest each year, they are then faced with another flurry of activity in the form of reports, which are due across different dates in January each year. This is our own version of "harvest" for...

read more