What you can (& must) continue to do:
- Submit your 5120.17 report (702) and excise tax reports via the Pay.gov site
- Submit label approvals via COLAs online
- Submit an application to the TTB via Permits Online
What you can’t do:
- Talk to or email anybody at the TTB
- Get to chat with TTB staff at their booth at the Unified Wine & Grape Symposium in Sacramento this Wednesday & Thursday!
Here’s my next video with info about what you can & cannot do while the shutdown is in effect
This shutdown is less than convenient. I’m sure the TTB staff feels similarly. But the wine business continues on despite the government’s situation. We’ll continue to do our thing and many others are still excitedly planning to start their own wine businesses. My suggestion for everyone is borrowed from the boy scouts: Be prepared.